By signing up in the sidebar, you automatically get access to free short Gryphon Clerks stories in Kindle and epub formats.
Exclusive to my mailing list subscribers, this collection of Gryphon Clerks short fiction consists of nine stories totalling more than 43,000 words.
Gnome Day: A young Gryphon Clerk helps out on Gnome Day, and so begins a story of love, friendship, tragedy and longing.
Good Neighbours: Mistress Prudence is quite used to having dwarves living in the basement. She rather likes them, in fact, even though Mister Sinter never says much and young Two has such a heavy accent. So when Human Purity protesters throw a stone through Mister Sinter's window, she feels she has to stand up to them...
Not Like Us: A beasthead clan leader encounters both prejudice and aid from humans in this side story to the novel Beastheads.
Realmgolds' Guard: A three-way contest decides who will hold the prestigious position of the Realmgolds' elite guard.
Vegetation: A light little story about petty politics in the Gulfport Vegetation Association, which looks after the former elvish city's public plants.
Where Is Your Breath?: An unlikely friendship between a smelly shaman and a young rural minister of religion upsets those around them.
Skyboat to Three Brothers Springs: Looking back from middle age, a Gryphon Clerk remembers his first love.
Fluffy: An aristocratic young woman comes to work at a fundraising business, sent by her interfering aunt. She seems harmless, scatterbrained even. Nothing to worry about at all... (Fluffy is a prequel or prologue to a possible future Gryphon Clerks novel Realmgolds' Agents.)
Mama Bear: As the military skyship Unconquerable prepares for sky trials, its newest young officer must convince gruff Commander River that he isn't the useless aristocratic snot she thinks he is. (The Unconquerable and its crew may get an extended mission in a future novel, currently entitled Voyage of the Unconquerable. Think steampunk Star Trek and you won't be in completely the wrong ballpark.)
The Email List
By signing up, you'll become part of my mailing list, too. Don't worry, I'm not going to spam you (and I definitely won't pass on your email address to anyone else, or sell access to my list, or any of that dodgy carry-on). I'll just let you know when there's news about a book release.
The Signup Process
Here it is step-by-step.
- Type your email address in the Email Address field in the sidebar on the right of the screen.
- Click the Subscribe button.
- Check your email. It may take a few minutes for the confirmation email to come through. Check your spam folder if it's not there in about half an hour.
- When you get an email with the subject "C-Side Media: Please Confirm Subscription", open the email and click the button that says "Yes, subscribe me to this list".
- Within a few minutes, you'll get another email with the subject line "Member-only content." Open that email and click the link to take you to the download page. I use a service called InstaFreebie to deliver the book; if you have any problems, let me know (but also contact their support).